Autel EVO 2
This drone is the World’s first 8K resolution foldable drone!
EVO 2 Release Date
The Autel EVO 2 drone from Autel Robotics has just been announced that the EVO II range of drones is in production.
When you are searching for news on this drone, most people use EVO 2 or EVO2 and not the official EVO II (roman numerals).
For sure there will a ton of unboxing videos posted soon after it starts shipping.
EVO 2 Pricing
EVO 2 price is $1,495
EVO 2 Pro price is $1,795
EVO 2 DUAL price is by an application. There are some special rules for buying a FLIR camera.
Autel EVO 2 VS DJI Mavic 2 VS Skydio 2
We will create a playlist and publish it here when they are available.
In the meantime, you can watch our EVO 2 YouTube Playlist.
Autel Evo 2 Trailer
EVO 2 YouTube Introduction Video
Autel Evo 2 Specifications
- 9 km / over 5.5 miles video transmission
We will post any EVO 2 Range Test videos here once the long-range tests are available.
Keep in mind when making a buying decision that the Drone Laws in the United States require that you keep your drone within your line of sight.
I wonder if that is why they painted it a bright orange color? It certainly will help you to see it in the sky, compared to a DJI Mavic Mini which is hard to see due to its diminutive size a light grey color.
On a grey sky day, it almost disappears!
- 45 mph
- 40 minutes in forward motion
- 35 minutes in a hover
- 7100 mAh rechargeable battery
- Battery ejection prevention technology, for hard maneuvers and landings
EVO 2 presents an all-new sensor and storage package and omnidirectional obstacle avoidance with 12 computer vision sensors, 2 sonar sensors, and 2 LED landing lights.
Sensor Camera Locations
- Omnidirectional obstacle avoidance
- 12 computer vision sensors (forward / side / up / down)
- 2 Sonars
- Detect hazards 30 meters / 100 feet away
- AI Learning
- recognizes 64 subjects
Autel’s patented Dynamic Track 2.0™ and watch as AI technology creates smart flight paths in real-time.
Dual-core powered object detection recognizes up to 64 subjects at once including people, vehicles, and animals.
- 8 Gb
EVO 2 Series
All models use the same air-frame, only the camera is different.
- EVO 2 is equipped with an 8K camera capable of 48MP stills
- EVO 2 Pro is equipped with a 1″ 6K camera with an adjustable aperture of f/2.8 – f/11
- EVO 2 Dual is equipped with a FLIR Boson sensor and our EVO 2 8K camera capable of simultaneous recording
EVO 2 Camera Sensor Resolution
Typically 8K resolution is 7,680 x 4,320 px
- 1/2″ CMOS sensor
- 48 MP (Million Effective Pixels)
- ISO Range: 100 to 3200
- Maximum Resolution: 8,000 x 6,000 px
- 4 x camera zoom
EVO 2 PRO Camera Sensor Resolution
The PRO camera is 6K with a 1″ camera sensor and adjustable aperture will give much greater image quality and camera control for Aerial Photography.
- 6K resolution
- 1″ CMOS camera sensor
- 20 MP (20 Million Effective Pixels)
- ISO range 120 to 12800
- Maximum Resolution: 5472 x3648
- Adjustable Aperture: f/2.8 to f11
- HDR (High Dynamic Range)
- Bitrate 120 Mbps
EVO 2 DUAL Camera Sensor Resolution
Likely use for Emergency Services, Search & Rescue.
- 1/2″ CMOS + FLIR LWR
- ISO Range: 320 to 3200
- Maximum Resolution: 8000 x 6000 Visual +
- 650 x 512 IR
- Bitrate 120 Mbps
Example FLIR image
Who is Autel Robotics?
Autel Robotics is based outside Seattle, WA.
Learn more at: https://www.auteldrones.com
Follow Autel Robotics on social media:
Autel EVO 2 Review Videos[yotuwp type=”playlist” id=”PLRJE8_xnrhJE4nmXLUz4iKEn3yPdB2sLr” ]