Mavic Mini Firmware Update v01.00.0400
Mavic Mini Firmware Update v01.00.0400 was released by DJI on December 31st, 2019.
This new firmware provides the following updates:
- Added feature to unlock GEO zones (requires DJI Fly v1.0.4 or later)
- Added feature that disables takeoff when the GPS signal is weak (GPS <8) and the environment light is not sufficient
- This feature can be disabled manually (requires DJI Fly v1.0.4 or later)
- Added requirement for compass calibration before takeoff when the environment light is not sufficient and the compass experiences interference
- Adjusted flight altitude and distance in payload mode
- Added warning prompt for battery cycles
- Reduced noise during self-diagnostics after powering on
- Fixed issue: linking was abnormal in some regions.
The GEO Zone unlock is by far the largest new feature change in this release and long-awaited by many Mavic Mini Drone Pilots.
This allows you to unlock the flight APP to be able to take off in a restricted area, assuming you have sought the correct legal authorization prior to unlocking.
Mavic Mini Firmware Update v01.00.0400 Release Notes
This firmware update may reset various main controller settings, such as the Return To Home (RTH) altitude and the maximum flight distance, to default settings.
Before updating, take note of your preferred DJI Fly settings, and then re-adjust them after the update.
If the update fails, restart the aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly and retry.
How to update the DJI Mavic Mini firmware?
Your aircraft must have at least 15% battery life.
Some Mavic Mini Drone Pilots are reporting that they are having trouble using the aircraft indoors after applying this update.
This is due to the weak GPS signal & low light protection.
If you click on the warning, it will bring up an option to unlock the takeoff restriction and then you can take off as normal.
Check the DJI Mavic Mini Forum for more feedback from Mavic Drone Pilots.
What is the quickest way to update the Mavic Mini Firmware?
We found that the simplest and quickest way to manage the software updates for the DJI Mavic Mini drone and controller is to us the DJI Assistant Software.
You can download the software for Windows or MAC direct from the DJI Software Downloads page.
What you will need:
- Computer (PC or Laptop or MAC)
- If you are using a laptop make sure the battery is charged or it is connect to the mains
- Connect your PC to the Internet or Wi-Fi, the APP will download the update before applying it to your DJI devices
Firmware Upgrade Process
We updated the Mavic Mini Controller first and then the drone but as they are connected to each other during the process you can do it either way.
- Install the DJI Assistant Software
- Run the Application
- Connect the DJI device (one at a time) to your PC (or via a USB hub) and power it on
- Your PC should detect a new USB device and add it
- The DJI Device should appear as an icon in the DJI Assistant main screen
- Double click the icon
- A list of the current installed firmware and any new release should appear
Here we can see our device is currently on version V01.00.0300 and V01.00.0400 is an option to upgrade.
- Read the release notes
- Click upgrade
When you are ready click on the “Start Update” button.
Depending on your PC and Internet connection speed the update may take 5 minutes or more.
The new firmware will first be downloaded to your computer and then applied to the attached DJI device.
Repeat the process for each device you want to update.
It is vitally important not to interrupt the update process as it could render your device unusable so just let it run without doing anything else on your PC in the meantime.
We found the whole process quick and easy.